Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Temporary Boredom

Today is my first day as a temp. As exciting as that sounds, trust me, it's about as fun as watching paint dry, even if that paint is cerulean blue or magenta. Here's what I've done today. Get ready for some thrills.

1.) Answered every email and myspace message I've put off for the past month, even those I never intended to respond to in the first place (you know who you are.)
2.) Drank lots of water because trips to the bathroom mean a change of scenery.
3.) Mapquested my bikini waxers office. See you in an hour and a half, Stella. http://www.starwaxing.com
4.) Watched the crew from the city delimb some poor tree outside. Lots of action going on there. Men in orange hooting and hollering at each other. I pretended I was in Italy.
5.) Stared at the clock a lot... Just did it again.
6.) Researched the cost of velvet material for the new website (see past entry.)
7.) Walked to Quiznos for a heartburn sandwich with a side of homeless guy singing Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You."
8.) Made a detailed to-do list with neat little boxes that scream to be checked.
9.) And activated my new debit card. The automated operator's voice was so friendly I stayed on the line to hear about how I can protect myself from credit card fraud. Thanks, lady, I didn't know that!

Tomorrow will be more of the same, so I'll spare the day by day details. Just know, I'm working hard at hardly working, and I could use a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment