Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Beware of Dog... Really???!!!

Here's the thing, I simply don't trust people who post 'Beware of Dog' signs. Take my neighbor across the street. You know what his sign said to me before I even caught a glimpse of him? Macho guy, doesn't respect women, drinks cheap beer and probably has tattoos. Stereotyping? Nope. Dead on. I won't get into it, but let's just say there's a small battle going on between my roommate and his over-sized pick-up truck that he consistently parks in front of our house even when his own curb is free and clear. Not only that, but he parks four feet behind every car instead of pulling up to allow another vehicle to park. Besides, I think if you have to warn people that your dog is a dick, then you probably are one too. Oh, and I caught him carrying home a 12 pack of Natty Ice - tattoos visibly present - so once again, ladies and gentlemen of the court, I've proven my case.

If I had my way, I'd swap out all the 'Beware of Dog' signs of the world with one of the following, all of which can apply to men who put up these signs (honestly, I highly doubt women thinks, 'oh you know what this gate needs?... a giant police sketch of a snarling dog!'):

1.) Beware of Ego
2.) Beware of Machismo
3.) Beware of my Enormous Beer Belly
4.) Beware of Domestic Abuse
5.) Beware of Noxious Gas
6.) Beware of Small Phallus

There you go! Now we're really being honest. It's not your dog we should be aware of, but you. Nope, I simply don't trust people with 'Beware of Dog' signs. 'Beware of Cat' signs... now there's someone I can drink a glass of sherry with.

5 comments:

  1. So what does my sign say about me:

    "Young dog, old dog, several stupid dogs. Please drive slowly"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That you have a great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that you're the Mother Theresa of dog owners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here we call those guys Rednecks -- I happen to have been lucky enough to marry into a family with a log branch of them. Never fear, though, family reunions become legendary, and there is never a dull moment. We always look forward to the main events such as: "Rattle Snake Roundup" -- which is exactly what it sounds like. And then there is my husband's favorite: paint ball war with sling shots -- he just makes sure he is on the "right" side which happens to be with the rednecks. Man are they mean and nasty with slingshots... no need to elebrate. They are one wild bunch!
    Your neighbor reminded me of them... Except when they have a sign "Beware of Dog" they usually mean their kids...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete