Friday, April 24, 2009

Ahh, irony...


Just a quick anecdote about an incident that occurred on the set of the Carson Daily show the other day. When lining up to get paid I noticed a young man standing behind the fence to the studio lot yelling at one of our audience wranglers. Turns out said gentleman was kicked out because he was caught taping the show on his cell phone, and was now demanding to be paid. I listened for nearly ten minutes as he swore up and down that he wasn't taping the show and that he was only trying to turn off his cell phone as to not distract Mr. Daily.

While listening to him beg and plead his innocence, I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. The guy waiting in line behind me started laughing and turned my attention to the angry man's shirt. I swear to you that the following is true. Written on this dude's shirt - the same man who was currently insisting on his honorable word - was: "I'm probably lying." No joke. Pure irony. If only all of us would wear something so blantant as a warning to others. Here are a few I've come up with that would have really helped me in the past had certain people warned me.

1.) I have a girlfriend.
2.) I'm a Scientologist.
3.) I'll never change.
4.) Don't sit next to me on the plane: I have gas.
5.) I'm manic and have stopped taking medication.
6.) I'm going to use your deod0rant and make-up as soon as you leave for class.
7.) I'll talk behind your back.
8.) I don't like cats.
9.) I used to be a professional juggler.
10.) I snore.
11.) I'm going to let you wash my dirty Calvins for 3 years, and then break your heart.

Anyone else have any they wish people would wear?

P.S. If you're a fan of lists, check out my friend Kim's new blog dedicated to all things numbered and bulleted. http://thelistlessmistress.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

  1. LOL!! Love the list Tess, that is hystarical! I could only imagine what people you have come across through life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. On any air flight lasting more than 90 minutes, it should be required by law that I wear t-shirt #4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loves the list. how about "i sleep with the same sex"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zander,
    That's not romantic with t-shirt #4.
    -- Uncle J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great laugh!

    I need one that says, "My kids have "Special Needs" and so do I -- Back OFF!"

    or

    "Hablo Espanol" I can't tell you how many times I have been standing next to some guys speaking Spanish and talking about me.

    or the oppisite:

    "I don't speak English"

    ReplyDelete