Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Road to China

Tomorrow is the big day. I'm finally taking that leap into another continent. I'm all packed and am currently awaiting friends who are coming over for a dinner party/let's drink lots of wine and throw everything in the wok and eat too much shindig. You know you have great friends when they throw a farewell bash for a 10 day vacation.

I have a few worries that I'm trying to keep under control, most being of the can-a-vegetarian-eat-in-China-the-land-of-skinned-rabbits-and-ducks-hanging-from-storefront-windows variety. Food is very important to me. If God told me I could either never have babies or lose my taste buds, I'd rescue the buds in a blink of an eye. Other worries include a lack of adapter for my ipod, whether or not they'll allow fruit into the Beijing airport if it's of the dried variety and whether or not this tour company is secretly run by the Scientologists or any other freaky sect/cult that will lead us down a dark alley, steal our Yuan, beat us senseless and leave us for dead, rickshaws unknowingly criss-crossing our bodies in the early morning, Shanghai traffic. Ya know, the small things. So in reality, there's really not much to concern myself with other than making sure I have lots of fun and try not to fight with my mother. The latter will be aided greatly by her supply of restless leg medication (i.e. the one-two sucker punch, lights out wonder pills).

Also, I'm bringing a friend's copy of American Psycho, which I feel will not only entertain, albeit shock, me but will also ward off any lame-ass American tourists that may try to make conversation with me on the bus. You know the type, spouting out diet restrictions as they float on their insoled sneakers... oh wait, that's me. Crap. Oh well, bringing Ellis with me anywho.

Alright, first guest has arrived. Time to discuss the WGA Writers' Strike over a bottle of schwag vino. China pictures to follow. Perhaps I'll even sneak some of the new Olympic site and beat that damn Ann Curry to it. Today Show sucka!

No comments:

Post a Comment